OCCUPATIONAL & PRIMARY HEALTH CARE
On-site Occupational & Primary Health Care
Purpose: To provide a safe and healthy working environment for all employees, as well as providing adequate healthcare, as prescribed by the OSH Act 1993.
Objectives: To protect the workers against any health hazard which may arise from work or conditions in which it is carried out.
Contributing towards the worker’s physical and mental adjustment, in particular by the adaption of the work to the workers and placing them in jobs to which they are suited.
Contributing to the establishment and maintenance of the highest possible degree of physical and mental well-being of the worker.
EMC Currently manages twelve (12) on-site clinics.
Health Assessment and Service Audits
- To create an overview of all health services as prescribed by the OSH Act (85 of 1993).
- Sick and Absenteeism management programme.
Improve productivity of employees and reduce absenteeism, in return reducing cost to company.
EMC offers an integrated programme, including:
Management Information Solutions
- Analysing absenteeism
- Involving the primary medical practitioner
- Offers individual counselling
- Structured reports to human Resources
- Record management will assist in defending the employer at a CCMA or Labour court hearing
This includes a full comprehensive daily, weekly and monthly report detailing:
Medical Surveillance Programme
- Injury on Duty and WCA claims
- Health risks, Trends and Statistics
- Patients treated and transported
Medical examinations conducted on employees, pre- and post-employment, as prescribed by the OSH Act 1993. This will also include a planned programme of periodic examinations of employees.
Examinations include the following:
HIV and AIDS workplace Programme
- Physical Examination
- Medical History
- Audiometry and Eye tests
- ECG's and Lung function tests
- Biological monitoring
- Create awareness amongst employees
- Provide necessary resources for VCT (voluntary counselling and testing)
- Facilitate the required treatment regimes
- Reduce staff turnover and absenteeism