On site occupational and Primary Health Care
Purpose: To provide a safe and healthy working environment for all employees, as well as providing adequate healthcare, as prescribed by the OSH Act 1993.
Objectives: To protect the workers against any health hazard which may arise from work or conditions in which it is carried out.
Contributing towards the worker’s physical and mental adjustment, in particular by the adaption of the work to the workers and placing them in jobs to which they are suited.
Contributing to the establishment and maintenance of the highest possible degree of physical and mental well-being of the worker.
Health Assessment and Service Audits
- To create an overview of all health services as prescribed by the OSH Act (85 of 1993).
- Sick and Absenteeism management programme.
Improve productivity of employees and reduce absenteeism, in return reducing cost to company.
MMC offers an integrated programme, including:
- Analyzing absenteeism
- Involving the primary medical practitioner
- Offers individual counseling
- Structured reports to human Resources
- Record management will assist in defending the employer at a CCMA or Labour court hearing
Management Information Solutions
This includes a full comprehensive daily, weekly and monthly report detailing:
- Injury on Duty and WCA claims
- Health risks, Trends and Statisics
- Patients treated and transported
Medical Surveillance Programme
Medical examinations conducted on employees, pre- and post employment, as prescribed by the OSH Act 1993. This will also include a planned pragramme of periodic examinations of employees.
Examinations include the following:
- Physical Examination
- Medical History
- Audiomentry and Eye tests
- ECG's and Lung function tests
- Biological monitoring
- First Aid
- Occupational Healthcare
HIV and AIDS workplace Programme
- Create awareness amongst employees
- Provide necessary resources for VCT (voluntary counseling and testing)
- Facilitate the required treatment regimes
- Reduce staff turn over and absenteeism
Occupational Health Consultancy Service
MMC provides a consultancy service to all business enterprises to assist in compliance with the respective legislation.